A New York sports fan in Kansas

Eating, breathing, drinking all that is the Yankees, Giants, Knicks, and Boston Bruins. I am from Massachusetts I should like one local team.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Labor Day!!!!!!!!!


Ah yes it is labor day, or as I like to call it the last Monday Night without football. Hey and even better yet is the fact that we even get a double header next week where we get to see the Redskins and Raiders lose their first game of the year. Yes unfortunately we do still get Tony K. I remember a time when labor day weekend was the kickoff to the football season. Does somebody want to tell Roger that the first thing he should do as the commissioner is push back the start of the season? Today and tonight still belongs to major league baseball. While I am bitching about everything when did ESPN decide not to televise a single baseball game on both the 4th of July and Labor Day? It is just unAmerican. ESPN in the here and now is just about cross-selling Disney and crappy ABC shows (sans Lost) anyways. It is funny to hear people talk about how "they remember when MTV played music videos" well I remember when ESPN was about sports. Does anybody watch SC anymore? It now runs 60 to 90 minutes and now if are lucky you will get 30 minutes of highlights and news. I really don't need to see some lousy/cheesy Stu Scott "gameshowesque" type of Q&A with a player. Oh how I miss the old days of Keith and Dan. I must be getting old. Tonight, the Yankees, Wang's quest for 20 continues. BIG WIN tonight.

5 Comments:

  • At September 05, 2006 5:38 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    I'm bumnming that Wang didn't get the win last night, but thats ok, my beloved Yankees are looking GOOD at the moment. Woohoo!

    I'm so excited for football this season. Lots of changes with the broadcasts, but I guess I'll have to deal.

     
  • At September 05, 2006 6:52 PM, Blogger George said…

    The Yankees are looking great. What kind of changes do you mean with the changes in the Football broadcasts?

     
  • At September 06, 2006 6:43 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    no more, JB on FOX.. he's been replaced by (blech), Joe Buck

    the ever so boring chris collinsworth on NBC.

     
  • At September 06, 2006 11:00 AM, Blogger George said…

    Wow that really sucks. I hadn't heard that. I bet that really hurts their ratings.

     
  • At September 08, 2006 8:49 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    I guess I'll find out on Sunday when I start my football day at 11am with ESPN, 12noon for the FOX guys (without JB) and then football all day... Giants at 830, I love it.. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home